Alternatively referred to as afacsimile, telecopying, or telefacsimile, a fax is a transmission of graphics or text over the phone line. In the picture to the right, is an example of what the traditional fax machine may look like from Brother.
- Fax broadcast: Sending a single fax document to several people at once.
- Fax-on-demand: System that can be setup to request a fax using a touch tone phone. Also, known as fax retrieval.
- Fax/Modem: Communication deceive that allows a PC to fax documents and receive fax documents.
- Fax mode: Mode that allows faxmodem to send and receive files in a facsimile format.
- Fax server: A computer dedicated to sending and receiving faxes for a group of networked computers.