- Message About Product – Details about the product play a prominent role in advertising for new and existing products. In fact, a very large percentage of product-oriented advertising includes some mention of features and benefits offered by the marketer’s product. Advertising can be used to inform customers of changes that take place in existing products. For instance, if a beverage company has purchased the brands of another company resulting in a brand name change, an advertising message may stress "New Name but Same Great Taste".
- Message About Price – Companies that regularly engage in price adjustments, such as running short term sales (i.e., price markdown), can use advertising to let the market know of price reductions. Alternatively, advertising can be used to encourage customers to purchase now before a scheduled price increase takes place.
- Message About Other Promotions – Advertising often works hand-in-hand with other promotional mix items. For instance, special sales promotions, such as contests, may be announced within an advertisement. Also, advertising can help salespeople gain access to new accounts if the advertising precedes the salesperson’s attempt to gain an appointment with a prospective buyer. This may be especially effective for a company entering a new market where advertising may help reduce the uncertainty a buyer has about a new company.
- Message About Distribution – Within distribution channels, advertising can help expand channel options for a marketer by making distributors aware of the marketer’s offerings. Also, advertising can be used to let customers know locations where a product can be purchased.
- management (116)
- First Semester (88)
- HRM (45)
- financial accounting (39)
- microeconomics (39)
- COST / MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING (34)
- macro economics (32)
- Financial Management (25)
- computer (24)
- corporate finance (20)
- BBA 1 semester (19)
- MIS (19)
- bba 4th semester (18)
- income tax act (17)
- BBA 2 Semester (13)
Sunday, 14 July 2013
Origin and Definition of Statistics The term statistics is believed to have been derived from the Latin word “Statistic”. In ...
The activities of a company associated with buying and selling a product or service. It includes advertising, selling and delivering produ...
An advertising agency or advert agency is a service business dedicated to creating, planning, and handling advertising (and sometimes oth...
Design The design features of PowerPoint allow you to customize the appearance and format of the slides. PowerPoint typically comes ...
To be successful in a changing market environment, it is important that sales managers understand the importance of emerging trends in the...
Interview Preparation An invitation for an interview shows that, on paper, you are the right person required by the organisation for the...
Legal Aspects of Advertising Unfortunately despite several laws meant to protect consumers ...
Consumption , in economics, the use of goods and services by households. Consumption is distinct from consumption expenditure, which is ...
A principle refers to a fundamental truth. It establishes cause and effect relationship between two or more variables under given situati...
A document which becomes the basis for recording a transaction in the books of account is called source document. These documents show the...